Blink Charging works on the development of smart EV charging stations which can sense the Electric Vehicle detection/connection, power dispensing, metering, and reporting to the server. The EV charging stations have a multiprocessor/controller based embedded Linux environment.
The developers would work on the full-stack development beginning from microcontroller code to Linux bootloader/kernel/application development. Responsibilities would include working on complete software development cycle (from requirement phase to delivery of the developed product).
- Product and Application development in C.
- Develop and debug Applications and Firmware in/for Embedded Linux Environment.
- Board bring-up using Yocto and debug the Board Support Package.
- Design and development of real-time, multi-processor / multi controller systems.
- Module level design with proper software design practices.
- Collaborate and guide junior team members for the task completion.
Require Tech Stack
- 4+ years of C development AND Linux experience.
- Linux user space and kernel space programming experience
- Linux system programming/application programming.
- Work experience with 8 / 32-bit microcontroller programming
- Experience with CAN, MODBUS, and high-power systems software development.
- Source revision control (git, svn)
- Linux command line and development tools (e.g., shell script, Make, CMake, GDB and GNU development tools)
Preferred Tech Stack
- Exposure to a full product development cycle.
- Programming experience in an object-oriented language (C++)
- Programming experience in a high-level language (e.g., Python)
- Exposure to multi-processor product architecture.
- Experience in open-source components and libraries (e.g., libxml, glib, qt, dbus, openssl, curl, etc)
- Experience with Level2 AC EV chargers and/or DC fast chargers.
- “8 bit / 16 bit / 32-bit microcontroller experience, especially ARM” will be added advantage.
About Blink Charging
Blink has a long history as a pioneer in the EV industry and continues to be the preferred partner in EV Charging Station technology in the US. Blink is a driving force in the EV infrastructure industry that we helped to create. We are a leading owner, operator, and provider of EV charging solutions in the United States and have a growing footprint across the U.S., Europe, Latin and South America, and the Middle East. At Blink, we live and breathe electric vehicle charging. We develop innovative next-generation products that is accelerating our growth, and we are expanding our already strong team to keep pace with this growth. If you are creative, entrepreneurial, and passionate about the future of clean transportation, we want to hear from you. Join us on this journey and make a real impact.
People, culture & vision
- Designing the right organizational structure that will deliver against your strategic goals
- Establishing policies that promote Blink Charging company culture and vision
- Leading employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Leading with empathy, transparency, and an open-door approach
Blink provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.