Blink Charging has a new and improved mobile app!
It has new features, better searching, & a more personalized experience for drivers.
Here are five new features of the new Blink Charging Mobile app:
1. Save your favorite charging locations
The new Blink Charging mobile app lets you save your favorite electric vehicle charger locations for quick access.
If you find yourself frequently visiting the same charging stations, you can now set them as a favorite, and they’ll be easier to access in the app the next time you charge your vehicle.
To set a charging station as a favorite, just:
- Open the new Blink Charging mobile app.
- Tap on a charging station location.
- When the location’s page opens, tap on the heart icon.
To view your favorites list, tap on the heart icon at the bottom of the app screen, and it will display all your favorite charging stations.
That way, all the charging stations you visit most frequently will be in an easily accessible list.
2. Find nearby amenities to charging stations
The new Blink Charging Mobile app locates nearby amenities, including local restaurants, shopping centers, and other activities that drivers can do close to the charging station.
To see the nearby amenities:
- Tap on a charging station location
- Scroll to the bottom of the location until you see “Nearby”
- Have Fun!
3. Manage charging activity
The new Blink Charging mobile app allows you to have more control over managing your EV charging sessions, like being able to stop and restart a charging session if necessary.
To stop and restart your EV charging session from the app:
- Launch the app.
- Tap on the Charging-In-Progress button.
- If you want to stop charging, swipe the button labeled “Swipe to stop charging.”
- If you want to restart charging, swipe the same button, which will now be labeled: “Swipe to start charging.”
- Once your EV is fully charged, the charging screen will update.
4. Narrow search results and view photos of the location
We’ve improved the search functionality in the app to provide drivers with more options for finding the right charger.
You can now search for a charger via address, zip code, city, business, or category. You can also save your search history to access your previous search criteria quickly.
To help you find a charging location, the app also provides photos of where the charger is located. That way, you can look at the photo, see what is close to the charging station, and use those landmarks to locate the charger easily.
Just look at the photo, find your bearings with the nearby landmarks, and you’re there!
5. View details on charging sessions and estimated miles in real-time
Our new app provides you with all kinds of vital information about your charging session, including:
- Current percentage of battery that has been charged.
- Current speed of charging is displayed in kilowatts (kW).
- Energy delivered to your battery is displayed in kilowatt-hours (kWh).
- Length of time your car has been charging, displayed in hours and minutes.
- Estimated time to your battery is 100%, displayed in hours and minutes.
- The estimated cost of your charging session when complete (including the rate displayed in kWh).
We have created an app with you in mind. We are making it more convenient and seamless to charge.